The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted; to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord ( Luke 4:18-19 ).
After the temptation of Jesus by the devil, He went to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. His custom was to go to the synagogue on the Lord’s day
As Jesus entered the synagogue, there was given to Him, the book of the prophet, Isaiah, to read. Jesus opened the book and started reading. As He finished the sentence about preaching the acceptable year of the Lord, He closed the book and sat down.
All the eyes of the people were looking on Jesus. Why was this? Why all the stares by the people?
Jesus did not finish the verse of Scripture given to Him to read. He stopped in the middle of the verse, closed the book, and sat down.
Jesus was actually reading Isaiah 61:2, which says in conclusion, “To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn.”
The reason Jesus closed the book and sat down; the rest of the verse was to be fulfilled at a later date in history. The vengeance of our God, and to comfort all that mourn, is still future.
This is where we are today in our generation. We are at the acceptable year of the Lord.
- It is acceptable today to come to the House of God.
- It is acceptable today to repent of our sins.
- It is acceptable today to be baptized of water and Spirit.
- It is acceptable today to live a holy life.
- It is acceptable today to preach the gospel to the poor.
Millions around the world today, are hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel is reaching the souls of men and women.
The brokenhearted are finding that Jesus is the heart mender. Those who are held captive in jails, and prisons, are also hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ. The blind are receiving their sight, and miracles are being done in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Those who are bruised are being healed by the power of God.
- Those who are bound by Satan, are being set free.
- This is the acceptable time for a mighty revival to sweep our land, for the last time.
- Let the Word of the Lord go forth to all people.
- Let the Holy Spirit baptize all the people.
- Let the Name of Jesus set the people free.
- Revival is here.
- God is here.
- The Holy Spirit is here.
- The church is here.
- Now is the acceptable year of the Lord.
- Now is the time to find salvation in God.
There is coming a day, when Jesus will finish the rest of the verse. The vengeance of God is soon to fall on our wicked world. Jesus will close the book on this generation. He will say, “It is enough.” Gabriel will proclaim, “Time shall be no longer.” The acceptable year of the Lord will be gone.
- Millions will still be lost in sin.
- Every eye shall see Jesus, they will all stare at Him, when He comes again in the clouds of glory.
- Every knee shall bow before Him.
- The book of Isaiah will be fulfilled.
- The days of man will be fulfilled.
- The wrath of God will have been fulfilled.
- Jesus Christ will sit as the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.
- This is your day, the acceptable year of the Lord.
What are you going to do with this, your day?
During the millennial reign of Christ, He will then comfort all them that mourn.
Come now, while there is yet time, and find your place in the Kingdom of God. Jesus is waiting for you now, please come.