Matt 16:13-19 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some [say that thou art] John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Matt 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
In both of these cases, we read about Words given from God to believers, and then we read about a Building being erected.
- Jesus spoke of revelation to Peter, and then commenced to speak about building His church.
- Jesus said the wise man is the one who hears the word of God and obeys it, and is building a house on a rock.
Peter received word or revelation from God.
- Jesus then immediately referred to the church that He would build on the rock.
God is making a building.
- 1 Peter 2 says that we are stones being built up as a spiritual house.
- Receiving Word from God causes us to experience being part of this building.
- What is God doing in the world?
- He is building a spiritual house.
Let me say there is a very common error amongst many.
- Not all Christianity is Christianity.
- The ones who are involved in this building of God are not people who say, “What mamma had was good enough for her and it is good enough for me and my kids.”
- “We were such-and-such a denomination for 5 generations and we’re not about to quit this denomination now.”
- These people have absolutely no revelation from God.
- No personal experiences.
- A defense is in their hearts more for denominationalism than for the Lord.
God has no grandchildren.
- We must each become a child of God.
- Mamma’s experience will not help me at all on judgment day.
- And if mamma is wrong, and I simply follow her, then I will be wrong too.
- Not everyone’s mamma is right.
- We can become more concerned with winning an argument about which denomination is right than we are in finding God and obeying His word.
- I need to be involved in the building program of God.
- I need revelation from the Father so that a work is going on in my life.
Every time we read of WORD from God, we read of a BUILDING.
- Paul the apostle shows us this very same pattern.
2 Cor. 3:18 tells us that a change occurs in those who experience spiritual ministry given to them.
- Paul said he ministered Spirit to his hearers.
- He was a minister of the New Testament.
- He did not simply lecture forth a letter, but he ministered spirit.
- He gave them revelation he received from God.
- See 2 Cor. 3:6.
- Nothing begins the process of involving you in God’s building than receiving revelation from God.
- You need personal revelation knowledge from God.
The only ones who are being worked upon into the house that God is building are those who are presently receiving revelation of God’s word.
- Now and this coming week they receive word from God about their lives and their spiritual growth.
- Do you just come to church and sit and listen and go home again to never receive revelation for yourself?
- Do you listen to me with your ears of flesh only and never receive insight into your spirit by way of revelation?
God is correcting the true believers by revelation knowledge.
- They are closer and closer all the time to the end result of being the Temple of God completed.
This building is almost done.
- Since we are so close to its completion, how much have you been involved with it?
- How much revelation have you experienced that changed your lives?
- 2 Cor. 3:18 says that when we receive revelation knowledge, we are changed.
- The changes that do not last are not changes at all.
- If you pray and cease praying after a while, you did not get a revelation about prayer.
Paul said in 2 Cor. 5, as he progressed in his speech about revelation knowledge in chapter 3, that we are TABERNACLES now.
- But he said we shall put on A HOUSE from Heaven.
- Notice it went from tabernacle to HOUSE.
- HOUSE is the TEMPLE.
- God is going to be revealed in this temple.
Jesus said the House of the wise man is built on a Rock.
- Storms come.
- But the house stands sure.
- It is impossible but that offences will come.
- But storms of offense will not make the true believer fall.
- Some stop serving God over a personality clash with another believer.
- What shallow foundation!!
- To stop living for God because of other people!!
- These folks have not received revelation.
- If you are receiving revelation, God is building you into the TEMPLE that will never fall.
- If you are easily offended, then you have not experienced a Rock foundation, and that means you have not received revelation from God.
- You simply go to church and take nothing into your spirit.
- The ones who receive revelation are part of a work of God in building a house on the Rock.
There is a secularism that is creeping into the church today.
- It is evil and it is from the world, but it looks so nice.
- “Quality Time” with our families.
- Yes, we do need quality time with our families, but SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
- Put God FIRST.
- Too many people are staying away from the gathering of saints and preaching to spend more “quality time” with their families.
- God cannot bless these people because they disobeyed Jesus’ direct words to seek first, before anything else, the Kingdom of God.
- These people will not receive revelation, and will not be able to stand when the storms come because they are not in the building program of God.
- God’s building program involves those who are receiving revelation from God.
- Whether hearing me preach and getting a revelation from God through my words, or studying the Bible at home or in prayer, you can receive revelation from God.
Paul once again shows the pattern of speaking of WORD REVELATION from God and the subsequent reference to GOD’S BUILDING.
1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
Paul’s ministry was first and foremost to preach
1Cor 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
He preached the word of God.
1Cor 2:9-10 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
It was REVELATION he preached.
And after He referred to revelation from God preached to the people, once again we see reference to a BUILDING:
1Cor 3:9-10 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, [ye are] God’s building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
Are you part of this building?
- Your claims amount to nothing.
- It is whether or not you truly are experiencing revelation from God.
- If you are, the storms may blow, but there is a revelation in your spirit that cannot be removed.
- Truths that can be removed from our hearts simply were not revelations from God.
- As a pastor I warn all believers, make sure you are truly experiencing revelation from God, or you will fall in these end times.
- Paul told us to turn our hearts to Jesus and a veil is removed so that we can receive revelation into our hearts.
- And we will be changed.
- Turn your whole heart to Him.
- When you hear a true man of God preach, open your heart to hear from God.
- Pray that God would reveal His truth to you while you study the bible and hear a sermon.